Food & Beverage is a highly diverse industry, characterized by variable production processes that can generate highly loaded wastewater streams, seasonal peak loads, fluctuations in wastewater composition, salinity, and FOG levels.
As part of their sustainability approach, most Food & Beverage companies around the world set their wastewater treatment goals for reuse, energy recovery, and responsible water management. Our DACS® anaerobic and AGAR® MBBR aerobic technologies present several key advantages that assist the Food & Beverage sector in achieving these important goals.
Optimizing Wastewater Treatment for the Food & Beverage Industry
Aqwise technological benefits
for the food & beverage sectors:
- Fast adaption to fluctuations and seasonal production changes
- Conversion of highly loaded wastewater to clean energy in breweries, distilleries, juice production, and dairies
- Small footprint
- Increase of treatment capacity in existing WWTP following grow in the production of the plant
- Ensuring year-round process stability
Aqwise solutions portfolio address main F&B sector’s water demands as drinking water remediation, wastewater treatment, and energy recovery.
Groundwater remediation & nitrate removal
Aerobic wastewater treatment
Anaerobic wastewater treatment & energy recovery
Over the years, Aqwise has served and provided solutions for the following Food & Beverage industries:
- Dairies & ice-cream production
- Soft drinks & juices
- Fruit & vegetable processing
- Snacks & sweets
- Sugar mills
- Meat processing