Regardless if it is Upstream or Downstream, water is an essential part of the different operations and processes in the Oil & Gas industry with major implications on cost-effective and sustainable operation.
Global warming, water scarcity, and environmental regulation are forcing O&G companies to look for sustainable solutions and alternative water sources. Wastewater reuse, energy recovery and remediation of polluted water sources are becoming more and more common to cope with these challenges.
Exactly for these reasons, Aqwise has developed and optimized its technologies for:
- Wastewater treatment at downstream facilities such as refineries, petrochemicals production and tanks farms
- Water and wastewater reuse as an alternative water source
- Energy recovery for highly loaded COD stream
- Surface water and groundwater treatment
- Prefabricated small systems for sewage treatment on oil rigs and service stations
Aqwise features and benefits
for the oil & gas sector:
- Stable anaerobic process (eliminates the various disadvantages of granular systems)
- Highly resistant to hydraulic and toxic shocks
- Simple operation at low operational expenses
- Existing WWTP can be retrofitted to increase treatment capacity and meet stringer discharge standards
- Small footprint
- Fast recovery