Chemical & Pharmaceutical industries are characterized by complexed production processes, a variety of raw materials, intermediates and products. These challenging conditions are expressed in frequent changes in wastewater flow regime, composition and loads. The wastewater usually contains inhibiting compounds and high salinity, which negatively affect most biological treatment processes.
Aqwise’s ability to offer high resistance to toxic and organic shocks is non-standard amongst aerobic technologies, providing clients with a simple and reliable solution.
Our proprietary aerobic and anaerobic technologies are tailored made for each client based on its production processes, wastewater composition, discharge standards, energy policy and water needs and more.
Optimizing Water Management, Wastewater Treatment, and Reuse for the Chemical & Pharmaceutical Industry
Aqwise features and benefits
for the chemical & pharmaceutical sector:
- Fast adaption to fluctuations of flows and loads caused by production changes. The nature of the biofilm in the aerobic process, enables short recovery time after toxic shocks of several hours or days, unlike other aerobic processes which may require several weeks
- Adjustment to toxins and inhibiting compounds
- Conversion of highly loaded wastewater to clean-energy wastewater treatment plants with a relatively small footprint
- Capacity increase and retrofit of existing wastewater treatment plants
- Ensuring year-round process stability