The Pulp & Paper industry is notorious for its high water consumption and wastewater characterized by high levels of organic matter, particles, and more. Due to the ongoing global water scarcity, and following water usage restrictions and costs, wastewater reuse and efficient water management are becoming more common and economical in the Pulp & Paper sector.
Over the last two decades, Aqwise has specialized in the unique features and water cycle of the Pulp & Paper industry. We are constantly developing technologies for wastewater treatment and water reuse with minimal capital & operational costs.
Our DACS® technology produces larger amounts of biogas in superior quality compared to other anaerobic technologies, creating a new renewable source for the plant.
Optimizing Water Management, Wastewater Treatment, and Reuse for the Pulp & Paper Industry
Aqwise features & benefits
for the pulp & paper sector:
- High-quality effluent – the aerobic AGAR® MBBR and anaerobic DACS® technologies, combined with tertiary units, enable production of high-quality effluent which may be reused (by closed water loop) to process start, considerably decreasing the usage of freshwater
- Fast adaption to fluctuations of flows and loads caused by seasonal production changes
- Conversion of highly loaded wastewater to clean energy – our anaerobic DACS® technology has already been implemented in numerous paper mills and can considered an energy positive WWTP. The high organic load in the wastewater is converted to biogas, which is then used for the production of steam or electricity, and therefore reducing production energy costs
- A wastewater treatment plant with a relatively small footprint
- Capacity increase and retrofit of existing wastewater treatment plants by the addition of production lines and increase in production of the plant
- Ensuring year-round process stability
The Aqwise group has provided many solutions to Pulp & Paper companies around the globe, covering the different Pulp & Paper grade sub-sectors, including:
- Deinked & Virgin pulp
- Brown paper & board grade from recycled waste paper
- Specialty paper