The Aqwise Biomass Carriers (ABC) media is the core element of Aqwise’s biological solutions portfolio. It is the result of a long product development process the company commenced two decades ago.
The ABC is specifically designed to allow superior process efficiency and stability. Biomass attaches to the protected surface area of the carrier to create layers of active biofilm, which is used to efficiently remove pollutants from the wastewater. The unique open geometry of the media results in better transfer of oxygen, substrate, and nutrients to the attached biomass. The benefit is a more robust and efficient biological process, with a smaller plant footprint.
With an effective high surface area, the innovative and unique ABC media has been successfully implemented in hundreds of municipal and industrial wastewater treatment plants around the world, showcasing superior performance.
The propriety ABC media can be made from either recycled or virgin HDPE (High-Density Polyethylene) and provides full protection to the biomass.
- High surface area – higher than 650m2/m3
- Superior “fully open” shape and geometry
- Material of construction – virgin/recycled HDPE
- Extremely durable to chemical and physical erosion
- Can be used in various biological applications (Aerobic, Anoxic, Anaerobic, COD/BOD/Nutrients removal)
- 30% more surface area compared to common carriers
- Extremely efficient transfer of oxygen, nutrients, and substrate to the biomass within the carrier
- Sustainable recycled product
- Low capital expenditure
- Low operational expenses
- Media lasts for many years with no maintenance required
- Can easily be used to retrofit existing plants with no need for extensive civil work